Tuesday, May 22, 2012

2002 Vespa Excel 150 (T5)

In Indonesia this is what you get for 500 quid.







I needed something reliable for whizzing around Jakarta, the traffic here is like, well, let me choose my words carefully... think M25 on a bank holiday and multiply it by infinity then add 8+ million mopeds and you'll be heading in the right direction.

To be on the safe side, double it again.




OK, Dan motors fits funny shape indicator housing in these bikes - that didn't stop me getting rid of 4 orange lamps during the first week.



Suffered with the battery not charging which I've given up on, it's easy to kick start. I think it's a mix of not using it regulary enough and a cheapo battery.


Recently has Dwi change the gear selector unit and then Udi adjusted the clutch. Runs nicely on my short runs around south Jakarta.




Plan is to fit the motor out of the Hong Kong P200M with the Scorpion exhaust at some point. Better looking seat too!

New seat...

No comments:

Post a Comment